Friday, February 4, 2011

SNOW SURVIVAL TIP #2

Ok there's STILL a ton of snow everywhere and the kids are getting restless....What do you do? I have two kidlets ages 4 and almost 2 so options for something they can BOTH do are getting slim. They've watched every animated movie in the house, fought over every toy and been in time out so much there's a butt imprint in the chair....EEEK! Inspiration hit (finally) when I remembered something my bestie from TX did with her rambuncious tot on a bad weather day. She used food coloring, whipped up a fresh batch of vanilla instant pudding and made edible finger paints!!!


  I spread to giant sheets of paper out on the table and made my pudding red, yellow and blue because I thought it'd be fun to talk about what colors they can make when they mix together. It was an instant hit! Lulu (almost 2yrs old) tried to eat it immediately but caught on to the magic as soon as her fingers hit the paper. Maybug (4yrs old) had a lot of fun mixing all the colors. It kept them busy for about 10 minutes which gave me time to whip up a light lunch....SUCCESS in my book! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment