Friday, February 11, 2011

FAST FOOD: Crock Pot Lasagna

Let's face it, my family would starve if we didn't have a crock pot... I don't know how you all feel about them but I think whoever invented the mah-velous pot of crockery should have won a Nobel Peace Prize!!! What other kitchen appliance can make you look so much like Martha Stewart with such little effort? So to kick off the recipe portion of this blog, I'm going to share with you the KING of all Slow-Cooker recipes: The Crock Pot Lasagna... It's fast, easy, and makes me feel like a rock-star mom!  Bon Appetite!

Crock Pot Lasagna
12 Lasagna noodles, uncooked
1 lb Ground beef, browned and drained
1 jar Spaghetti sauce (I used Cascones Original)
1/4 C. Water16 oz Cottage cheese
2 C. Mozzarella cheese, grated
1 tsp Italian seasoning
Break noodles in half and place half of the noodles in the bottom of a greased crock pot. Stir Italian seasoning into meat and spread half over noodles already in crock pot. Then layer half of the sauce and water, half of cottage cheese and half mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Cover and cook on LOW for 4-5 hours, NO MORE than 5 hours! (sv 6-8)

* Just a note: I add a LOT more cheese and Penzey's Pasta Sprinkle makes a delicious Italian seasoning for the beef! Also this is not a picture of my lasagna...I'm too lazy to run to the kitchen and make it, wait 5 hours for it to bake and then snap a pic of it....but this gives you a great idea of what it will look like! :o)

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree about the crockpot invention. Couldn't survive without many times throughout my working years and family life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya! I don't think motherhood is survivable without one....in fact they should hand them out at the hospital after you've given birth as a parting gift... :o)

    ReplyDelete