Thursday, June 9, 2011

When Life Gets in the Way...

Its been such a turbulent series of months that I've had no desire recently, to blog or really share my life with people other than close friends and family. I remembered though that my purpose for starting this blog was to chronicle the many shifts in my life from working mom to stay-at-home goddess...why did I think that only applies to the fun, crafty, sparkly things?
The truth is since I left my business up on the top shelf and plugged into being at home, I've really struggled with losing my identity, trying to find where my self-worth comes from, and loneliness. Lately the pain has been more palpable due to decisions made, that I was not a part of, but drastically affected my life.
There is good news though: I'm reconnecting with the parts of me that I forgot I owned... I actually found my spine a few weeks back (it's been lost for years), and a strength that I've often admired in others but had no idea I even possessed!
I guess I'm writing this all down to remind myself that tucked inside all the recipes, fun ideas, and crafts is still a woman who is carefully picking her way though life and growing up all at the same time. I'm hoping this will be healing and help me get back up on the "blog horse", so to speak.


3 comments:

  1. Wonderful writing Amy! Yet another talent! :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, you are an excellent writer! I encourage you to continue blogging and writing as your busy schedule allows. You are such a delightful blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, Amy. I'm glad to see you write like this. I find it very freeing to be so open on my blog.

    And good for you for recognizing that you do OWN it. No matter what "career" you have in life!

    ReplyDelete