Sunday, June 12, 2011

My Trip to Texas...Therapy, Wisdom, and Sisterhood.

I have a wonderful friend...the kind that some never have in a lifetime. She is really more of a sister to me than a friend and she lives all the way down in Texas.
When I was going through the painful process of growing up, we met and bonded...sometime around 4th grade I think. Anyway, her mom and mine were in a prayer group together. My home life was difficult due to the neediness of two "special needs" children and over-exhausted parents. Her family graciously stepped in and gave me an oasis to retreat to when life got too real. Then one day the decisions were made for her family to move to Texas and mine to Kansas....Oh how we mourned!
We have fought to maintain our sisterhood all these years and somehow beaten all odds! I feel closer to her now more than ever!
Recently my life (and hers, but in different ways) has gone through a major upheaval.  Life has almost been more than I can bear at times, and terrifying too. During the most excruciating period we had already planned for me to come visit her home. Could G-d's timing be more perfect? It was the best therapy I could have ever wished for!
While there, we experimented with a few recipes, crafted into the wee hours, and caught up on a years worth of life drama. I'd like to share some of the fun we had in hopes of holding on to that "sunbeam trip" just a little while longer!
Our daughters are "sister friends" too! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment