Wednesday, March 9, 2011

FAST FOOD: Slow-Cooker Beef Stroganoff

Everyone at my house is either sick or recovering... I feel like I should warn readers of this blog to wear respirators and/or bleach their computers when visiting this page! I'm finding myself exhausted at the thought of doing even the simplest of tasks (I can't remember when last I ate a hot meal) and dinner seems like a monumental task!  Whilst rummaging through the cupboards through swollen, gritty eyelids I discovered a can of mushrooms and another of cream of mushroom soup...inspiration hit (almost killed me but I went with it)!

Slow-Cooker Beef Stroganoff
1lb ground hamburger, browned and drained
1/2 C dried minced onion
1 can cream of mushroom soup (I use "98% fat free")
1 can mushrooms
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1/2 C sour cream ( I use "light")
1/2 pkg (4 oz) cream cheese (I use "1/3 less fat")

Add hamburger, soup, onion, garlic salt, and mushrooms with their juice to crock pot and cook on low for 4-6 hours. At the last hour of cooking add the cream cheese and sour cream.
Serve over rice or egg noodles and ENJOY!



Surely this creamy, hearty meal will banish the last of the viral beasties lurking about and warm little bellies before bedtime! <3

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good. It seems like alot of sickness going around again. Take care and hope all get well soon. Shalom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Debbie! It definitely hit the spot tonight. Hope you stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete