Friday, March 4, 2011

FAST FOOD: Banana Buttons, anyone?

There are days where I feel like my house is divided in two different universes....One kid eats with gusto, the other hates everything, one cries when you look at her sternly, the other laughs when you shout a warning and proceeds with her back-flip off the couch...sigh...Snack time at our house is no different! To appease them both I would need separate gourmet kitchens complete with chef and staff, so when I had this little inspiration for a semi-healthy, super delicious snack and they BOTH liked it I knew it was something  should blog! LOL!

Banana Buttons:
Banana
Peanut Butter
Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

Cut the banana into little "button" slices, add a small dollop of peanut butter on each "button", then top with a semi-sweet chocolate chip (way less sugar than milk chocolate) then hype the snack way up as being "decadent" and "desserty" and serve!

I split a banana between the two and they devoured it! Both were full and satisfied and I was happy that they had some fresh fruit, a good source of protein and a little chocolate to keep them sweet! :o)

1 comment: