Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Surviving a "Life Stroke" and living to blog about it...

So I have fallen off the face of the Earth for awhile again... I'm choosing to call it recovery. This past year has been a series of life-changing... or more aptly called: "life-taking" events, that have blindsided me much like a serious stroke that you never see coming until you suddenly can't move the left side of your body.
The first was divorcing the man I have been married to for 11 years, closely followed by my 19yr old brother's heart attack and the news he needed a 2nd heart transplant. Soon after that it was apparent I would be losing my house and my status as "Stay-at-home-domestic-goddess-and-CEO" which was a title I absolutely loved. I restarted my buried Massage Therapy business, short-saled my house, found a beautiful/affordable town home and moved my brood.
How did I survive? Honestly I have no idea... I chose to believe that G-d in all his infinite wisdom decided that I needed to grow. So many little blessings keep landing in my lap and I know He is responsible for the gifts. My perspective is that now I have a set of life skills so strong I could literally survive the apocalypse and actually thrive afterwards!
So I am settled and itching to get back to the more creative side of my life now that surviving is turning back into living.... It's the journey right?

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Your story sounds like mine about 3 years ago. I clung to Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

    Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete